[R-SIG-Mac] Where oh where is the idiot list for Mac people who are special?

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Sat Jun 10 23:45:31 CEST 2006

For all the rest, R-help list and lots of introductory documentation
on R is available on the Internet and particularily under the
Documentation/Contributed section on http://CRAN.R-project.org

But let me further add the following: to maximize the benefit (your
benefit) of an answer to one of your questions, please try to be
specific on the topic.

I still did not get right if you use a OS X Mac or a OS 9 Mac. This
makes a huge difference, as the old one is currently not supported
any more. The last version of R for Mac OS 8.6 -> 9.2.2 is R 1.7.1
(http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macos) which we discourage to use for
several reasons.
Otherwise, R for OS X (http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx) is just
a standard Cocoa app with its own standard Apple installer package. R
on OS X comes with a minimal GUI, but anyway everything in R should
be typed on the Console like on other systems/platforms. Any book (or
online reference) on R will help you to go on.

stefano