[R-SIG-Mac] Problems installing packages in 2.3.1

Oscar Moreno oscar.moreno at att.net
Fri Jun 9 00:24:45 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I have the following system:
PowerMac G5, DP 1.8 GHz, 1.5GB Memory
Mac OS 10.4.6, R for Mac 2.3.1

When I use the Packages Installer from the R-Console, the installer
goes thru the downloading correctly.  Then, when it is time to do the
extraction and installation I get the following message:.

************ Error message starts here **********
Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
          argument is missing, with no default
tar: ~/Library/R/library/file4431b782: Cannot chdir: No such file or
directory

gzip: stdout: Broken pipe
************ Error message ends here ***********

I was using 2.2.1 before jumping to 2.3.1.  I searched the archives
for references to no avail. Can anyone provide guidance on how to
solve this problem?

TIA

Oscar