[R-SIG-Mac] New intel based laptops

Cox, Stephen stephen.cox at ttu.edu
Thu Jan 19 16:13:58 CET 2006

Folks - please forgive a rather uninformed post from a poor soul who
bailed out on the mac os several years ago...  I am considering the
purchase of a new MacBook Pro; however, I rely heavily on R for my
teaching and research.  I am assuming that the current binary of v.
2.2.1 will work through the Rosetta engine, but - anyone have a guess as
to how long it will be before a native binary is available (I am no
prorgammer, and it would take me months to try to figure out how to
compile, especially in uncharted warters)?  Anyone know of any problems
I should be aware of?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stephen Cox