[R-SIG-Mac] RMySQL and MySQL 5.0

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Jan 13 18:22:36 CET 2006

On Jan 13, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get RMySQL working with MySQL 5.0? I have
> successfully built and installed the module, but run into an error
> when loading:
>
> > library(RMySQL)
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
> 	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
> Resources/library/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.so':
>   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/RMySQL/
> libs/RMySQL.so, 6): Symbol not found: _fprintf$LDBLStub
>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/
> library/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.so
>   Expected in: flat namespace
> Error in library(RMySQL) : .First.lib failed for 'RMySQL'

I didn't test MySQL, but AFAIR this problem is caused by compiler
mismatch (it started with Xcode 2.2 I believe). Did you run sudo
gcc_select 3.3 before compiling? The real reason for the above is
that you're missing -lSystemStubs (which is static) when compiling
RMySQL. Adding that to the LIBS for the package should work.