[R-SIG-Mac] native binary for macintel machine

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Jan 3 22:21:55 CET 2006

I managed to build a native binary (Mach-O executable i386) for the
MacIntel machine
on a MacIntel machine, using the bundled gcc and the (beta) Intel
fortran compiler. This
is a framework build with aqua support -- the quartz device works
fine, so does the X11
and tcl/tk interaction. I have to do most of the links manually
because configure/make
does not find the correct Intel dylibs.

I have NOT been able to compile a native gfortran from the apple cvs
(low priority for apple)
and i have NOT been able to build R using the intel C and fortran
compilers (mostly
configure problems).