[R-SIG-Mac] Rgraphviz failed to load in Mac OSX 10.4.5

Bernard Leong bleongcw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:07:31 CET 2006

Dear all,

I have installed the latest version of R in my Mac OSX 10.4.5, and
installed the bioconductor packages. When I tried to load Rgraphviz,
it returns the following error.

> library(Rgraphviz)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so,
6): Symbol not found: _agedgeattr
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'

I have also installed graphviz using Fink, and set the
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the graphviz directory. But it still failed.

Please let me know if there are other ways to get around this.

Best regards,
Bernard