[R-SIG-Mac] How can I use grasp

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Feb 24 19:32:46 CET 2006

Ken,

On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Ken Nussear wrote:

> I need to do some spatial habitat modeling in grasp (er) and I'm
> using the Mac OSX version of the R binary (1.14 build 2129)
>
> I used the package installer to install the grasper package, but I
> get a tcltk error when I try to load it.
>
> Do I need a tcltk version of R to run this, and If so where can I
> find this?

Yes, and it is included in the R release disk image (dmg) from CRAN,
but it is optional, so you have to choose "custom install" and select
it. You can also find the separate "tcltk" installer in the
"Packages" directory of the image. Don't forget that this is X11 Tcl/
Tk, so you also have to install Apple's X11 and have it running.