[R-SIG-Mac] Universal R 2.2.1 - release candidate

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Feb 10 01:32:37 CET 2006

Given that Intel Macs are just becoming available and we had hard
time getting the right compliers, I'd like to share a "release
candidate" of universal R (i.e. native on both ppc and i686) with you
before it goes to CRAN. It passes "make check", but other parts like
the GUI were not tested thoroughly. Please give it a shot and report
any problems to me. The image is (temporarily) available at
http://www.rosuda.org/misc/R-2.2.1-universal.dmg
MD5 (R-2.2.1-universal.dmg) = 3f3a8a6fdf08778ec24cb3bcba4f31dd

It was designed to work on Mac OS X 10.4.4, but feel free to let me
know how it works on other versions (the Intel part will definitely
work on 10.4.4 and higher only). If everything goes well and there
are no bad bugs, it should make it to CRAN soon.