[R-SIG-Mac] tutorials and statistical aspect

benn@bgu.ac.il benn at bgu.ac.il
Wed Feb 8 16:56:57 CET 2006

 >There are lots of tutorials at
<http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html>.

I have those of course. I was looking for further tutorials.

 >What do you mean the "statistical aspect" of R?

I mean using and building statistical models for data analysis
specifying the possibilities of variations appearing in R. An example
would be specifying Split-plot ANOVA with both random and fixed
factors.
A lot of the tutorials in above url try to explain R as a programming
language and therefore cannot allow too many explanation. That is the
case of "Jack of all trades... etc." R is useful for quite a lot of
things, however I'm looking for something like a statistics course in
R.
Just to prevent misunderstanding, I do own, and am familiar with,
exhaustive statistical texts. So I don't exactly need a course in
statistics.

Thanks in advance,

	Gil