[R-SIG-Mac] R Console on Cocoa printing question

Mick McQuaid mcq at umich.edu
Wed Feb 8 01:15:11 CET 2006

Thanks for this suggestion.  The problem with changing the
font size is that, although it changes the displayed font
size on screen, it has no effect at all on the font size for
output using the printer icon on the R Console.  I can not
figure out where settings for that output are made.

Interestingly, any time I change the colors of fonts, that
information is carried over to the printout.  In fact, that
is one key reason why I want to save my sessions this way,
rather than cutting and pasting into a text editor.  Doing
it this way preserves the different color of what I say from
R's response.  It's easier to read with those two colors.

If only I could actually control either the font size or
margins or page layout, I could cut the number of pages of
printout in half and not cut off the last few characters of
every line.

... regarding a message from Rob J Goedman on Feb 07: