[R-SIG-Mac] Installing packages from .gz files

Wed Dec 13 01:02:00 CET 2006

You need to install the following
1) The developer tools from the Tiger DVD. You have a bunch of
options regarding what to install - for now I would just select
everything unless you are low on space
2) Install the tools from the CRAN binary of R. You do that by
downloading the binary and starting to install R as usual. Under the
installation process you can at one time choose "customize". A window
pops up allowing you to select amongst others Gcc-4.0.3 and a Tcltk
framework. Select everything.

That should give you make as well as a C compiler.

Kasper