[R-SIG-Mac] Installing packages from .gz files

Tim Cole tim.cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 13 00:13:23 CET 2006

Thanks to Paul Roebuck and Walton A. Green, I now realise it is a
Source Package not a Binary Package, and I install the .tar.gz file,
but I still get this error when I Install:

WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
* Installing *source* package 'gamlss' ...
** libs
** arch - ppc
** Removing
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/library/gamlss'
** Restoring previous
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/library/gamlss'
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/SHLIB: line 1: make:
command not found
chmod:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/library/gamlss/libs/ppc/*:
No such file or directory
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'gamlss'

This happens with the package installer or from the command line, and
authenticating makes no difference. Why is the make command not found?

Tim

--
Tim.Cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk   Phone +44(0)20 7905 2666  Fax +44(0)20 7905 2381
Paed Epidemiology & Biostats, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK