[R-SIG-Mac] Rgraphviz installation problem

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Mon Aug 21 18:16:53 CEST 2006

Hi Seth,

On Aug 21, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Seth Falcon wrote:

> Michael Kubovy <kubovy at virginia.edu> writes:
>>> In R, do:
>>>
>>> rglibs <- system.file("libs/Rgraphviz.so", package="Rgraphviz")
>>> system(paste("otool -L", rglibs))
>>>
>>> This will only work, I suspect, if you have the Xcode tools
>>> installed
>>> already, but it should tell you which version of graphviz, your
>>> Rgraphviz is linked against.
>>
>> No such luck. AFAIK, I have Xcode (I downloaded the latest developer
>> tools recently), but:
>>
>>> rglibs <- system.file("libs/Rgraphviz.so", package="Rgraphviz")
>>> system(paste("otool -L", rglibs))
>>> rglibs
>> [1] ""
>>
>> The system command returned nothing.
>
> Sorry, looks like the Rgraphviz.so or equivalent is in a different
> place in the Rgraphviz binary.  Can you take a look at the installed
> package directory ( system.file(package="Rgraphviz") ), find the .so
> or .dylib and try the otool thing again (from R).

The problem definitely occurs on PPC.

 > system.file(package="Rgraphviz")
[1] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz"

 > rglibs <- system.file(package="Rgraphviz")
 > system(paste("otool -L", rglibs))

In other words, nothing.

I found Rgraphviz.so here:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/library/
Rgraphviz/libs/ppc/Rgraphviz.so

There are over 1200 files *.dylib on my disk.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/