[R-SIG-Mac] Fwd: R 2.3.0 OS X Binary

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 16:57:25 CEST 2006

Joran Elias wrote:

>>I downloaded the 2.3.0 OS X Universal binary off of the Berkeley
>>mirror (found it on the R for Mac OS X link at the bottom of the
>>page).  Installation went fine, but when I launch via the GUI it
>>opens the console window and then (after several seconds) quits
>>with no error message.
>>
>>I'm sorry I'm not very proficient with the Terminal, so I don't
>>know if I can use R 2.3.0 with that, or if it's only the GUI
>>startup that's causing the problem.
>>
>>I'm using a G4 Powerbook (PowerPC) laptop with OS X 10.4.6.  A
>>universal binary ought to work, right?  Or is there something else
>>going on?

I tried last evening on my PPC powerbook with OS 10.4.6, and the GUI did
nothing, i.e. it did not crash in 20 minutes or more, but I did not use
the GUI, I just let it run stay to see if it would crash.

Best,

Federico

--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

Tel  +44 (0)20 7594 1602     Fax (+44) 020 7594 3193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com