[R-SIG-Mac] shared library

richard mendes mendes.richard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:04:15 CEST 2005

hello everybody

currently i'm doing an intern ship where my assignment is building a
pipeline between a database and r ,this has to be written in python. I
build R from the source to try and create a shared library so that you
can create an interface using the rpy package from python.

the problem is that when i build R from the source like the readme
tells me it still doesn't create a shared library. this is what the
readme tells me to do

make distclean
./configure --enable-R-shlib
make install

put the following line in your .bashrc (or equivalent)
run 'ldconfig'

can anybody help me with this problem all help is welcome

thanks in advance