[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.1.1 available in DarwinPorts

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 8 06:02:35 CEST 2005

I assume the fsf gfortran patches do not wind up in the apple
cvs branch, unless apple explicitly puts them there.

I am also interested if the patched gfortran works with vecLib
and supports its complex blas.

On Sep 7, 2005, at 18:11 , Bill Northcott wrote:

> Building gfortran from Apple sources on Tiger is not hard.  However,
> it is necessary to include recent patches from the FSF gfortran
> gcc-4.0.x.  You can find an Apple gcc-4 compiler with gfortran which
> will build R on www.swarm.org.  I hope to build a more recent one as
> soon as the fixes for the equivalence problems in gfortran get
> committed to the cvs.  That should be within a few days.

Jan de Leeuw, 11667 Steinhoff Rd, Frazier Park, CA 93225, 661-245-1725
              http://www.cuddyvalley.org/dunklen.mov