[R-SIG-Mac] vecLib and building R from source

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 1 13:02:06 CEST 2005

On 01/09/2005, at 4:14 PM, Kjell Konis wrote:
> Here is my environment:
> CPPFLAGS="-I/Volumes/muffin/DarwinPorts/include"
> LDFLAGS="-L/Volumes/muffin/DarwinPorts/lib"
> F77=g77-dp-3.4
> CC=gcc-dp-3.4
> CXX=g++-dp-3.4

It looks to me as if you building R on 'Darwin Ports' rather than
MacOS X.  You may find it easier to use MacOS X instead.  All you
need is a standard Tiger or Panther plus Xcode and the g77 and tcl/tk
from the R binary distribution.

Forget all your flags bringing in the ports stuff and just follow the
instructions and it will build.

Bill Northcott