[R-SIG-Mac] R.app bundle keys

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Oct 26 18:03:46 CEST 2005

Paul,

On Oct 26, 2005, at 8:27 AM, Paul Roebuck wrote:

> Suggest adding the following required application key
> in 'Info.plist' immediately prior to CFBundleVersion.

It is already present in the localized Info.plist. I agree that it
may be unnecessary, as we currently don't localize it, but it is
easier to maintain the top-level version in one file.

> Format for the following two keys in the 'InfoPlist.strings' does
> not currently match the suggested format. For 10.4, Apple
> recommends not adding the version information to
> CFBundleGetInfoString but since the same build services both
> Panther and Tiger, this change is not yet feasible.

We may change it when we move our binary target to 10.4 (possibly for
R 2.3). It is only of cosmetic value and works even with Tiger very
well, so currently I see no compelling reason to change it.

Thanks,