[R-SIG-Mac] loading Rcmdr, R-Tcl/Tk errors due to X11

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Wed Oct 19 10:16:07 CEST 2005

On 19/ott/05, at 09:21, James Wettenhall wrote:

> Thanks Jan,
>
> That makes some sense to me.  But I'm still not really clear on how
> best
> to advise a user of my R-Tcl/Tk package who says "I'm just a dumb GUI
> user.  I don't want to use the R command-line, I only want to use your
> Tcl/Tk GUI.  And I don't want to learn what an environment variable
> is.
> etc."

if this is the case, your user is probably an R.app user. Then this
use will find on the R.app toolbar an icon with "X11" in it. Just
click on it before launching your package (or any tcltk based
package). That's all.
One other option for your user is to read the OS X Faq, but I know
this is rarely the case...