[R-SIG-Mac] RSPython

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 9 19:37:01 CEST 2005

Instead of the usual round of self-flagellation, I decided to try to
install
RSPython today. NB: this is on OS X 10.4.3 with gcc-4.0.1, apple version
5226, and R 2.3.0 r35814.

Turns out one has to do some horrible things. Some to get it to install,
some to get it to run. To install you have to create a dummy libutil.a.
I did this by making a symbolic link libutil.a in /usr/local/lib to
libpng.a.
Why not ?

Then you have to create another link in ${R_HOME}/libs to create
libR.so to point to libR.dylib.

To run you have to create another symbolic link RSInternal.so in $
{R_HOME}/library/RSPython/libs
pointing to RSPython.so.

Of course making copies instead of links will do as well.

This is enough to run (the bundled) Python from R, not R from Python
(yet).

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu ++++++ http://www.cuddyvalley.org