[R-SIG-Mac] contrib.url on OSX ?!

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 30 18:44:03 CET 2005

In a recent post to the Bioconductor list, Sean reported trouble with
the affy package's automagic package installation.

The affy package is wrapping install.packages.  The issue seems to be
that on his system he sees:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.0, 2005-08-11, powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0

> contrib.url('foo')
[1] "foo/bin/macosx/2.2"

Shouldn't an R 2.2.x see the following (that's what I get):
> contrib.url("foo", type="mac.binary")
[1] "foo/bin/macosx/powerpc/contrib/2.3"

Sean, can you try reinstalling R?  Perhaps you somehow have an older
version that doesn't have the right contrib.url function?  I'm
confused, but this seems to be the crux of your problem.

Best,

+ seth