[R-SIG-Mac] tcl/tk

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_Hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Wed Nov 23 12:00:38 CET 2005

hi everybody,

I upgraded to 2.2.0 today. since I do have a valid tcl/tk (8.4)
installation (albeit not in /usr/bin) I avoided installing this library
again.

2 questions:

1.
is 8.4 'enough' or do I really need 8.4.10?

2.
until recently, there was no problem in using the tcl/tk library from
within R. but now (after the upgrade) I get

init.tcl in the following directories:
     @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@

espeically the "@TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@" line is cryptic
to me. what is necessary to inform R of the actual location of the
tcl/tk stuff? or do I have really to install it a second time?

thanks in advance
joerg

PS: If it _is_ in the archive (in the FAQ it is'nt), a rude hint would
be appreciated :-)