[R-SIG-Mac] R Package Installer dialog

Paul Roebuck roebuck at mdanderson.org
Fri Nov 4 09:03:45 CET 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Paul Roebuck wrote:
>
> > Was curious as to why I see some packages with the same version
> > number in both installed and repository columns?
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand your question - the version numbers
> in "Installed Version" and "Repository Version" are the same iff your
> installed package is up-to-date. They will differ only if the package
> was updated on CRAN since you last installed the package. Clearly, if
> you didn't install the package on your computer yet, there is no
> installed version number. Does that help?

Obviously I should pay more attention. Had generally
treated it as a package updater when I was feeling
lazy.

One thing that might be nice to add though would be to
color the installed version number of installed packages
that are out-of-date compared to the repository version.

- The 'Update All' pushbutton lacks pop-up help.
- 'Binary Format Packages' checkbox has typo in its pop-up
help ("*.tgz" Extesion).