[R-SIG-Mac] rgl native port - volunteers?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri May 27 09:28:05 CEST 2005

Recently I saw quite a bunch of posts about rgl here. Daniel & co
stated that the system is very modular, thus porting it to another
platform is not hard (they have X11 and Windows modules so far). In
theory it shouldn't be hard because the OpenGL framework uses cross-
platform API, so all that is needed is to take care of the window
creation and mouse handling. I would hope that there are enough
people using Macs nowadays so a few of them should be familiar enough
with C to give it a shot ... or am I wrong?

preemptive answer: No, I don't plan to do this, I'm busy enough with
R.app and don't use rgl myself ;) ... it was just a thought ...