[R-SIG-Mac] A problem with loading .Rhistory using R.app

Jorge Ahumada jahumada at usgs.gov
Wed May 4 22:56:33 CEST 2005

Hello,

I think there is a bug in the R.app (COCOA GUI v. 1.10) when loading
history files. In the preferences there is an option to load history
files by typing the name of the file. So instead of putting in here
~/.Rhistory (I understand that would load the history file in the
home directory) I use .Rhistory since I have several workspaces
spread through my hard drive. However when dropping a directory
directly into R.app or tipying 'open -a R.app mydirectory' IT ALWAYS
loads ~/.Rhistory.  If you type loadhistory() things don't change.
This DOES NOT happen if R is started from the terminal (the
correct .Rhistory file is loaded always).

thanks,

Jorge