[R-SIG-Mac] Problem installing ProbForecastGOP

Thomas Adams tadams1 at cinci.rr.com
Mon May 2 21:22:19 CEST 2005

I've attempted installing ProbForecastGOP on my Mac (Mac OS X 10.4)
with R ver. 2.1 but I get the following error:

teaiii% R CMD INSTALL ProbForecastGOP_1.1.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'ProbForecastGOP' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/
libs/grDevices.so, 6): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
Versions/A/OpenGL
   Reason: Incompatible library version: OpenGL requires version
1.0.0 or later, but libGLU.dylib provides version 0.0.0
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/
libs/grDevices.so, 6): Symbol not found: __cg_TIFFWriteDirectory
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
   Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libTIFF.dylib
In addition: Warning message:
package grDevices in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error: package 'grDevices' could not be loaded
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'ProbForecastGOP'
** Removing '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.1.0/Resources/
library/ProbForecastGOP'
** Restoring previous '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.1.0/
Resources/library/ProbForecastGOP'

on the suggestion that possibly the /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a library
was conflicting with the Mac OS X 10.4 version I removed the file,
but got the same result. Installation of other packages seem to work
fine.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Tom