[R-SIG-Mac] R problem (fwd)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Jun 30 18:35:00 CEST 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 8:08 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

> The error message from R when I try to load grDevices (it seems
> that it has a probelm with some jpeg stuff - which I also find kind
> of odd since capabilities(jpeg) is FALSE)

By default R before 2.1.1 added /usr/local/lib to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
which overrides the search sequence for dynamic libraries.

You will have to remove /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib because it
conflicts with system's ImageIO framework - it should be a just a
symlink anyway so it shouldn't affect other applications. (see http://
wiki.urbanek.info/index.cgi?TigeR for details) This is fixed in R 2.1.1.