[R-SIG-Mac] emacs/ess problems

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 20:19:37 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I am having problems getting ess running with emacs... I got the
latest ess, untarred it, read the readmes... edited my .emacs file
end nothing works... Mind you, I _never_ got the blasted thing to
work in any Unix I worked on, with the sole exception of Debian (but
apt get emacs and ess talk to each other there).

To be honest if I can drop emacs from my life altogether I won't shed
a tear, but in any case I'd like to ask the list:

1) can anyone give me detailed and OSX specific instructions on how
to get ess work please?
2) if anyone knows an OSX native editor that is sintax aware for R/C/
Python, let me know. As I said, always stuck with emacs, but I'd love
to drop it forever.

BTW, I am not sending any of my config files because they are
obviously wrong, or things would work...

Cheers,

Federico

--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com