[R-SIG-Mac] package building

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Wed Jun 1 14:00:55 CEST 2005

On 01/giu/05, at 12:34, Federico Calboli wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 12:32 +0200, stefano iacus wrote:
>
>> it isn't, we build binaries and distribute them. I was asking about
>> the
>> source package. Which is the name of the package?
>

> my mistake.. that's where I put stuff build on Debian on intel chips.

>>> It does pass R CMD check on my pbook with Tiger, so it should be
>>> fine...
>>
>> did you check the url above?
>
> The package is Biodem and it says it's OK. But it was not on the list
> of
> things I could download from the London mirror when I'm using R.app on
> Tiger.

Ok, I'll check this...that's apparently a  bug in my scripts (but it
isn't as the package is there, see below)

>> We only distribute binaries  built on panther currently, but we are
>> going to ship a tiger version of R.app+binary packages
>
> Ok, so let's recap (I am a bit lost): once I create a package -on
> Linux-
> and I want to make OSX binaries available as well, what's the
> procedure?

nothing. we need to have the sources of the package on CRAN, then daily
building scripts will run make check and provide binaries under
CRAN/bin/macosx/2.1

BTW, Biodem 0.1 is there. Try the main CRAN site to retrieve the list
of binary packages from R.app

stefano