[R-SIG-Mac] package building

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 12:34:12 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 12:32 +0200, stefano iacus wrote:

> it isn't, we build binaries and distribute them. I was asking about the
> source package. Which is the name of the package?

my mistake.. that's where I put stuff build on Debian on intel chips.

> >> If it is on CRAN as source and it passes MAKE CHECK, then it should
> >> appear as binary on CRAN under bin/macosx/2.1 if not, you should look
> >> at http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/2.1/check/checkSummaryOSX.html
> >
> > It does pass R CMD check on my pbook with Tiger, so it should be
> > fine...
>
> did you check the url above?

The package is Biodem and it says it's OK. But it was not on the list of
things I could download from the London mirror when I'm using R.app on
Tiger.

> We only distribute binaries  built on panther currently, but we are
> going to ship a tiger version of R.app+binary packages

Ok, so let's recap (I am a bit lost): once I create a package -on Linux-
and I want to make OSX binaries available as well, what's the
procedure?

Regards,

Federico
--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

Tel  +44 (0)20 7594 1602     Fax (+44) 020 7594 3193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com