[R-SIG-Mac] undo in Editor does not truly "undo"

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Thu Jan 6 16:51:20 CET 2005

Hi Denis,

This is indeed a known (and awkward) issue. It was flagged early
December and I did
look at what it would take to fix it. Turns out fixing it within the
document architecture
is simple, but in the current structure of R.app, where R Console is
not really a
document, it is hard (the main menu becomes very confused). Not sure if
Stefano or
Simon know a way around this, I would be happy to try out ideas.

About a year ago I implemented command-E (source file) and
command-return (source
selection) using AppleScript, which allows one to use an external
editor. To make this
work well, you do need something like iKey to define hot keys across
applications.

Rob