[R-SIG-Mac] How to put nice R graphics into powerpoint

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Feb 10 18:56:22 CET 2005

Hi Denis,

On Feb 10, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Denis Chabot wrote:

> However, PowerPoint seems to be unable to read them as vector graphics
> and rasterizes them, making them quite "fuzzy" and ugly. Granted, the
> problem lies with Microsoft, but in the mean time what is the best
> workaround? I'd like to do better than producing png from within R
> (especially that only my iMac has X11, my very old PowerBook does
> not).
> I am still able to show vector graphics in pict format in PowerPoint.
> So it should be possible to extract the vectorized plot from the pdf
> and save it as pict, still vectorized.

AFAICS there is no way to include vector graphics into PP other than
WMF (and I didn't even test that on a Mac).

OT: Get Apple Keynote - it's far better, pastes such PDFs in vector
form flawlessly and it even supports copy/paste of Latex formulas in
vector form (via LaTeX Equation Editor)! There are plenty output
formats if you really need to present it on a PC, too...