[R-SIG-Mac] How to put nice R graphics into powerpoint

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Thu Feb 10 18:24:41 CET 2005

Denis Chabot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really like the nice vector-based pdf graphics I get in R.
>
> However, PowerPoint seems to be unable to read them as vector graphics
> and rasterizes them, making them quite "fuzzy" and ugly. Granted, the
> problem lies with Microsoft, but in the mean time what is the best
> workaround? I'd like to do better than producing png from within R
> (especially that only my iMac has X11, my very old PowerBook does not).

well, if you can afford it: the Power Point look-alike from apple
("Keynote") can usually import _and_ export .ppt files (so you can at
least use what you already have). but if you present your results with a
mac (and with Keynote) your problem is solved, since you can simply drag
adn drop your pdf file into the keynote slides which keeps it as such
(i.e. vector graphics). all in all keynote (if it survives...) seems to
be a much nicer thing than power point.