[R-SIG-Mac] searchpath for R2dvi

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Mon Feb 7 14:36:12 CET 2005

hello everybody:

trying to generate .dvi from .Rd from the command line with

Rd2dvi something.Rd

leads to the errormessage

"Creating dvi output from LaTeX ...
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rd2dvi: line 309:
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/latex: No such file or
directory"

now, there _is_ a latex installation on my machine, although not in
/usr/local, but rather in /sw/bin (==> 'fink' installation).

somebody from the list explained to me some time ago, how to inform the
GUI of a non-standard search path for executables (so that 'system'
works without absolute paths) and that is already in place (in
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist).

but obviously this does not inform the command line call, which in
addition seems not to honour the shell environment (i.e. my $path).

question: how can I get the search path right for the R CMD Rd2dvi call?

regards
joerg