[R-SIG-Mac] searchpath for R2dvi

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Mon Feb 7 14:36:12 CET 2005

hello everybody:

trying to generate .dvi from .Rd from the command line with

Rd2dvi something.Rd

leads to the errormessage

"Creating dvi output from LaTeX ...
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rd2dvi: line 309:
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/latex: No such file or

now, there _is_ a latex installation on my machine, although not in
/usr/local, but rather in /sw/bin (==> 'fink' installation).

somebody from the list explained to me some time ago, how to inform the
GUI of a non-standard search path for executables (so that 'system'
works without absolute paths) and that is already in place (in

but obviously this does not inform the command line call, which in
addition seems not to honour the shell environment (i.e. my $path).

question: how can I get the search path right for the R CMD Rd2dvi call?