[R-SIG-Mac] please recommend an editor

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Dec 11 14:21:08 CET 2005

On Dec 8, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Parlamis Franklin wrote:

> since this topic is pretty popular, let me mention a problem i have
> found with the integrated editor from R.app:
>
> the "undo typing" command seems to remove an arbitrary number of
> keystrokes.  at times, i will make a mistake, then when i go to undo
> it, i find the editor has undone not only my mistake but a
> significant amount of prior work.

The problem is to decide when to put in a checkpoint. Right now, we
are forcing them only after <Enter> which is ok for usual work, but
if you are only fixing a line here or there then those won't be
checked in. Should we use some time-based limit? Cocoa's default is
to place no checkpoints so it's not a help :P