[R-SIG-Mac] please recommend an editor

Parlamis Franklin fparlamis at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 21:21:16 CET 2005

since this topic is pretty popular, let me mention a problem i have
found with the integrated editor from R.app:

the "undo typing" command seems to remove an arbitrary number of
keystrokes.  at times, i will make a mistake, then when i go to undo
it, i find the editor has undone not only my mistake but a
significant amount of prior work.  it is difficult to produce a
replicable example, because i am not sure whether the number of
keystrokes that are undone is a function of time between the
keystrokes, or some other grouping mechanism.   i apologize for not
including one.

just wondering, has anyone else experienced this?  is it a bug, or a
setting?