[R-SIG-Mac] please recommend an editor

Franklin Parlamis fparlamis at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 19:04:22 CET 2005

One nice feature of the R GUI integrated editor is the ability to run an R command from within the editor.  It also looks and feels like the App itself, which is nice.

I have found that Emacs does a better job with auto-indentation, and have also made use of Emac's backup automation features.  Emacs can probably do the "run a command from the editor trick" (it unclogged my toilet the other day); I just haven't figured out how to make it happen yet.