[R-SIG-Mac] Fwd: Crash when trying to save Quartz window as PDF

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Dec 6 16:59:38 CET 2005

Thank you for the details!

On Dec 1, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Xochitl Morgan wrote:

> Ok.
> I tested with the R.app GUI  (R-GUI-Debug) from the web page you
> mentioned.  I used the one under "Built for R 2.2.x" because the
> one for 2.3.x didn't work with my R and I didn't see an R 2.3 at
> cran.r-project.org to download.

I'm sorry this is my fault - it shouldn't say "R 2.3" - it should say
"R-devel", because there is no such thing as R 2.3.x yet. Using
"Built for R 2.2x" is absolutely correct.

>   This also crashed when presented with the same problem.  I have
> attached my bug report.

Thank you. Unfortunately the bug is hard to track, because at the
crash-point there should be no dynamically allocated buffer, so it
means there was a memory corruption before ... I'll see if I can
reproduce it somehow. If not, I'll need your help to print the values
of some variables - do you have Xcode developer tools installed on
your machine?