[R-SIG-Mac] sizing of quartz and x11 windows

stefano iacus jago at mclink.it
Mon Dec 5 10:42:53 CET 2005

The general answer is that your pixels are not squares but they are
vertical rectangles, so what you expect is not what you see.
As for the small difference in quartz vs x11 I think is because of
the resizing square at the bottom-right of the quartz window. So you
should measure up to that square and you should get the same height.
You should notice this effect by creating 3x3 window and look that
indeed it appears as a rectangle.
hope this helps
stefano