[R-SIG-Mac] R logo icon

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Dec 4 02:19:40 CET 2005

Hi Federico,

On Dec 3, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Federico Calboli wrote:

> I just produced a new R logo icon. It's almost exactly the same as
> the one supplied by the R.app, but the resloution is better. I
> downloaded the R logo as a PNG file from the R developer site and
> worked from there with PS and Icon Composer. If the developer of R
> for OSX want it I'd be glad to share it.

Thanks for the effort, but AFAIR Stefano has created a new hi-res
logo some time ago which is available at high resolutions on this page:
http://developer.r-project.org/Logo/

However, for the GUI I would suggest a more Aqua-like logo.  A while
ago I created a sample which you'll find at
http://www.rosuda.org/misc/Rgui.icns
(you'll need to download it and look at it in the Finder preview or
the icon composer)

It's not great (the R should be thicker), but I guess you get the
idea. If you are PS-savvy, like to do such things and have some spare
time, you could give it a shot ...

Thanks,