[R-SIG-Mac] Crash when trying to save Quartz window as PDF

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Dec 1 16:17:42 CET 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 7:13 PM, Xochitl Morgan wrote:

> My R (Version 2.2.0) has been crashing quite reliably when I try to
> save my Quartz window of graphs as a PDF.   If it makes any
> difference, my OS is 10.4.3.

Can you, please, test a more recent version of the R.app GUI?
Preferably the most recent debug version obtainable from
http://research.att.com/~urbanek/R/
(bottom of the page). There was an issue with saving files in general
when non-ASCII characters were used that was fixed recently. If it's
an another issue, please send us the crash report based on the debug
version.

Thanks,
Simon

PS: does the same problem occur when using:
quartz.save("plot.pdf",type="pdf")
instead?