[R-SIG-Mac] labdsv: problems with ca function

anne.boesch@epfl.ch anne.boesch at epfl.ch
Wed Aug 24 23:59:09 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am brand new to R and therefore apologize if my questions sound stupid or if I
don't use the right words. I would like to perform a correspondence analysis
with the ca() function of Labdsv, but here is what happens when I try:

caherbpour<-ca(herbpour)
Erreur : impossible de trouver la fonction "ca"

I checked that labdsv is installed: I have the 1.0-1 version. From what I can
see, the other labdsv functions are OK, since I can find files such as const.R,
importance.R or pca.R (which are other functions of the labdsv package) in the R
library (but NOT ca.R or any other type of file with the name "ca" in it). I
also tried to launch some of these other functions. I receive error messages
because I don't know yet how to use them (ie. what arguments to enter), but they
are at least found by R.
Is it possible the labdsv package I have is not complete (although I installed
it via Package Installer -> Get List -> CRAN binaries) and that the ca function
is missing ?
I saw one can also perform CA analyses with the cca function of the vegan
package. Would it be a better solution ? are there differences between the ca
function of labdsv and the cca one of vegan ?

In case this can help, my operating system is OS 10.3.9 and the version of R is
1.12 (v1622)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Anne Boesch