[R-SIG-Mac] compiling R devel on vanilla tiger

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 24 18:54:38 CEST 2005

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Cyrus Harmon wrote:

> Ok, but, sense or not, the result of the failing test is that the the
> use_lapack is turned off and we don't link against the external lapack. Is
> this the desired behavior? If so there's probably a better solution than just
> breaking the build.

AFAICS any other solution would involve a lot of modifications to disable
linear algebra on complex numbers.  If the test fails then we can't use
vecLib for complex linear algebra without corrupting the stack,  and we
know that we can't even build with R's built-in lapack on OS X.

At the moment, I think you do just need to find compatible compilers.

 	-thomas