[R-SIG-Mac] Consistency of information about installed packages

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 28 20:34:53 CEST 2005

I'm sorry, I thought the non-zero exit status message was sufficient
and definitive.

Yes, it had failed. Prior to that message, it had said, in bright red text,

make: *** [deldir.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'deldir'

(and prior to that:  ld: can't locate file for : -lbundle1.o)

So I had no doubt that the installation had failed.

library(deldir) works in the sense that it returns no error or warning message.
deldir then shows up 2nd in the search path, but there's nothing there:

>  ls(2)
character(0)

After all this, there is a folder,
   ~/Library/R/Library/deldir
but its contents are incomplete, having only a DESCRIPTION file, and
'libs' and 'Meta' folders. The libs folder is empty, the Meta folder
has a single file, package.rds. The contents of the DESCRIPTION file
look generally ok.

Thanks
-Don