[R-SIG-Mac] latest two builts refuse to launch

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Tue Apr 19 17:16:30 CEST 2005

Simon and Denis,

Trying to be a good netizin I too tried the Mac nightly build of
R.app  from Simon's page.  This is the R-GUI.dmg file that a few days
ago worked beautifully. (Thank you for the nice additions).

However, when launching the program from the finder (not Terminal), I
got the error -10810 reported by Denis.

I am running Mac OSX 10.3.8

I just tried downloading it again, with the same problem.

Simon says that "R is supposed to be run in Terminal or other
shell-like environment" but in fact the daily build of late last week
was double clickable from the Finder, leading me to believe that it
was meant to behave that way.

I am running R 2.0.1 with Mac Gui 1.01.  It was the attempt at Mac
Gui 1.0.2 pre experimental build 1393 that is causing the problem.

Thanks for all the good work.

Bill

William Revelle		http://pmc.psych.northwestern.edu/revelle.html
Professor			http://personality-project.org/personality.html