[R-SIG-Mac] R-2.0.0 alpha binary release

Simon Urbanek Simon.Urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Sep 10 11:28:07 CEST 2004

On Sep 10, 2004, at 10:24 AM, stefano iacus wrote:

> I've just updated the new version and tested it on a couple of systems.
> You MUST  reinstall both R and R.framework.tgz
>
> The framework assumes you have installed somewhere on the system these
> dlls
>
>        /usr/local/lib/libg2c.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
> current version 1.0.0)
>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib (compatibility version
> 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
>         /usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.3.dylib (compatibility version
> 4.0.0, current version 4.3.0)
>
> which you should have if you ever tried to build R.

Not really. The default versions of gcc and corresponding version of
g77 use static libraries thus the above are not present (and not
necessary once R is compiled). Only readline is needed (and btw:
there's a 5.0 version out now).

Furthermore I suspect that the errors encountered by Rob won't be fixed
by the files above, because your personal ZeroLink development
environment is hard-coded in those files - you'll need to re-compile it
with "Deployment" target, otherwise you're the only one who can run it
;).

---
Simon Urbanek
Department of computer oriented statistics and data analysis
University of Augsburg
Universitätsstr. 14
86135 Augsburg
Germany