[R-SIG-Mac] Cocoa GUI feature request (with patch!)

jtnews1 at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr jtnews1 at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Oct 21 10:12:57 CEST 2004

Pressing CMD+1 does not change the fact that, when you click in the
console window, the insertion point is moved to the line where the
click occured. This makes it impossible to type new commands, unless
you click on the last input line, which is not easy, or type a carriage
return, which means that the command you just typed before this carriage
return is lost.

Why is the insertion point moved when a click occurs in the console
window ? I think it should stay at the prompt just after the last
output, like when using the terminal. Any keystroke should be echoed
on the last line, and not "eaten" by the console.

Jean

--
Jean Thioulouse - Labo. BBE, UMR CNRS 5558, Equipe "Ecologie Statistique"
Universite Lyon 1,  Batiment G. Mendel, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex,  France