[R-SIG-Mac] 64bit compile on Tiger

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 25 00:22:48 CET 2004

Some of us have tried. The couple gcc-3.5 and g77-3.4.1
does not work, and you need gcc-3.5 for 64 bit. My guess
is that someone has to recompile g95-3.5 using gcc-3.5
to get this to work (you can then also turn autovectorization
on).

On Nov 24, 2004, at 14:00 , Sek Won Kong,M.D wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am planning to compile and install R on 10.4 Tiger Preview.
> Does someone already do this? If so, could you share the experience?
> What would be the version of gcc and g77 (or g95) to compile R 64 bit?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> --SW

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu