[R-SIG-Mac] Call to configure for R-devel on Mac OS X (Darwin)

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 17 18:26:01 CET 2004

I'm just getting started building R-devel on an Apple compute server.
I'm familiar with Unix/Linux and especially with Debian so fink is
familiar.  However, I don't know anything about Frameworks, etc.

I think I want to use the vecLib.framework because these machines are
dual-processor and it looks as if the R-2.0.0 binary uses threaded BLAS
here.  Should I be using a --with-blas=<whatever> switch to configure or
something like that?

At present I am using

setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/sw/include"
setenv LDFLAGS "-L/sw/lib"
$R_SRC/configure \
   --with-pcre \
   --with-bzlib \
   --with-zlib \
   --with-recommended \
   --enable-R-shlib \
   --enable-R-profiling

and I am encountering problems compiling the lapack module.  I imagine
this is due to accessing the fink version of libg77.a.  Could someone
volunteer to do a bit of off-line hand holding for me regarding this
problem?