[R-SIG-Mac] Package installation

Gattuso, Jean-Pierre gattuso at obs-vlfr.fr
Wed Nov 17 07:37:47 CET 2004

Hi:

I have installed a package (seacarb) and all seemed to work OK. The
package is in:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.0/Resources/library/seacarb

When I check the packages installed, I get the following warning
message:

> library()
Warning message:
library '/Users/gattuso/Library/R/library' contains no package in:
library()

BUT the package is listed in the window which opens subsequent to the
library command:

Packages in library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library':
seacarb                    Calculates parameters of the seawater
carbonate
                           system

However, none of the functions of this package work from within R Aqua
(also in an X11 window):

> carb(flag = 8, var1 = 8.2, var2 = 2400, S = 35, T = 25, P = 0, k1k2 = "r",
+ phflag = 0, ini = "s")
Error: couldn't find function "carb"

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,